29 november 2012

"I am not a graceful person. I am not a Sunday morning or Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2am, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don’t belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn’t happen. The way the light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don’t see the lightning, but you hear the echoes."
- Anna Peters

2 opmerkingen:

  1. oh, prachtig! vooral die laatste twee zinnen. waar komt dit uit? (excuses voor die kromme zin.) ik moet het opschrijven. met pen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Prachtig hè Ik werd verliefd op de woorden en dan de zinnen en dan het geheel. Heb geen idee wie Anne Peters is. Ik kwam dit toevallig ergens op Tumblr tegen. Hierzo. http://wryer.tumblr.com/post/36222433548/i-am-not-a-graceful-person-i-am-not-a-sunday

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen